We work with clients to develop and implement solutions for managing water, environmental and emission compliance.
Our highly qualified personnel have significant experience in:
- water, resources and emissions policy,
- legislation and related practical implementation and compliance issues
- development of water-related management and analysis systems - including the application of geosciences/geospatial technologies
- best practice stakeholder and community engagement
- project management, risk assessment/mitigation and change management
- knowledge and skills development and transfer.
Our personnel also have experience developing workforce capability strategies - including tailored training for staff responsible for overseeing water, resource and emission management and regulation.
Our experience covers Queensland, NSW and Victoria, including recent assignments in South Eastern Queensland, Northern and Western NSW, the Murray-Darling Basin and the Macquarie Marshes, encompassing:
- the design of regulatory and administrative systems
- associated management, surveillance and reporting systems
- compliance and enforcement strategies and practices, and
- education, skills and capability development for staff, stakeholders and affected clients.
Garry Wills, a director and principal of Smart Ecosystems, has extensive experience in environmental regulation, compliance and education across a wide range of areas including foreign aid and capacity-building projects.
Dr Phil McFadden, the former Chief Scientist with Geoscience Australia, is a key adviser to our team. Phil has extensive experience in the development of science-based policy, including in relation to environmental and natural resource issues, as well as working with stakeholders and advising government.